Thursday, April 17, 2008

Realization

How can you say that the level of your maturity increases? Is realization part of it?
I have this class in psychology that I am taking up this summer. At first I did not know who's gonna be our teacher but then someone I knew (a teacher) just went to the room where I am suppose to go. "OH MY GOD", that's what I was telling to myself. I was told that he is strict and smart. As we about to introduce ourselves, our teacher just told me if his former student is related to me. So I told him that she is my sister. And guess what he told the class? "She was one of my best students", I was happy and proud to my sister but then I admit that I am pressured because our teacher told us that he expects me to be like her. And I just said "NO SIR!". That's why I was really nervous.
Our teacher is really really smart. He knows so many words that are unknown to me. I admire him for being so smart. The only problem when he discusses is that he talks really really fast. But then I find him really really good.
He is a latecomer and I don't like it. Not because I want to attend class but because I and my friends will wait for him and we will have a make up class and he will just say make-up class is postponed. It's really annoying.
I'm not really a good student and I don't like to attend class but then psychology is different. I don't know if it's only because I like the subject or there is also a teacher factor. Maybe both.
Our teacher has this habit of telling stories and I love it. When he told us about her students who have abnormal behaviors it is really interesting and I like listening to him. I don't know but I think I just had a realization. A realization that I love counseling, that I love helping people who really need help so much. And I am thinking if this is a sign of maturity or not? I just realized that I have something that I want to do.

No comments: